Thursday, September 19, 2013

Fond Memories

 
You know Shel Silverstein as the author of a popular book called The Giving Tree.  This beloved author is also famous for his many silly poems.  One such poem I have posted in the above video.  To this day I still have this poem memorized.  All of his poems bring back fond memories of my childhood, and all the time I spent sitting and reading his works from Where the Sidewalk Ends.
 
Even though I am now an adult I will every now and then grab this book to sit back and reflect.  I am a proud owner of every book this great author has ever written.  I hope to one day introduce these books to my own children so they will also learn to love and appreciate this author as much as I do.

 
“If you are a dreamer come in” 
- Shel Silverstein 


No comments:

Post a Comment