Thursday, September 19, 2013

Book vs. eReader

Nowadays print books are becoming obsolete because of the rise of the eReader devises(eBook).  Many bookstores are closing their doors due to these devices.

I curious to know how many people prefer the ereader over print or vise versa?  Maybe you prefer both.

I personally perfer both.  I have certain books that I must own in print format.  Mainly because I love the series so much and I would like to display it in my library.  I also prefer them to all be in hardback as well.  When it comes to loning these books, I have a hard time letting go.  I have been threatening to make a waver stating that:
  1. No eating/drinking around my book, or with book in hand.
  2. Do NOT break the spine.
  3. Do NOT dog ear the corners of the pages.
  4. NO writting/highlighting in my books
And the list goes on and on, but those are the MAJOR points.  My books are my babies.  You damage them, I damage you....just kidding...but seriously?!  Then I would make them sign it etc...you get the point.....

When it comes to eReaders (kindle, nook, etc...) I own a kindle.  The kindle was first introduced to me by an old co-worker of mine.  I noticed her reading on it in the break room, and I was curious.  Needless to say that night when I got home I mentioned it to my parents.  They did some research and by my birthday I was a proud owner of my very own.  I LOVE my kindle. 

I also own an Ipad.  I do read mostly on this device because there is so much more that I can do with it (I have the first generation kindle).  When it comes to traveling I always read from my kindle, the battery life is amazing.  Where as with the Ipad it would last me 12 hours at most if I'm constintly using it.

Out of all the devices there are out there these days, the kindle would still be my number 1 choice.  I know everyones preferance is different, but I will be extremely sad if one day bookstores are non-exstitant.

No comments:

Post a Comment